Carnaval Opening Parade 2014

Trusty TITSA continue to run the 111 every half hour from south to north. I boarded at Las Chafiras this time and arrived in Santa Cruz an hour later.  After a week of competitions the opening parade is the kick off to the second week of carnaval.  The parade starts around 21:00 hours and the final floats will pass some four and a half hours later. This time I managed to photograph the event without my batteries running out as the did on my first venture here in 2012. I hope that you will enjoy them as much as I did attending.

Once the parade had passed I had hot chocolate and churos at a cafe with a lady I met at the parade before wandering back for the 02:30 bus back to Las Chafiras and an early morning taxi home (bed by 4 am!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine