Aeropuerto de Tenerife Sur or Tenerife Reina Sofia

 Bus Route: 470[Granadilla] to San Isidro, 111[Los Cristianos, P Americas Est] to airport.
Return: 111[Los Cristianos, P Americas Est] to Las Chafiras, 470 or 483 to Los Abrigos 

This blog should, I suppose, have been the first one of the series as I arrived at the airport via 'Easyjet' from Gatwick on 1st November 2011. I actually took a taxi which cost me €25.00 when I could have gone by bus which would have cost me €4-5.00. It is especially easy to travel by bus if you are staying in Los Cristianos or Las Americas as the 111 goes to both destinations, travelling in the opposite direction you will arrive in Santa Cruz. The 343 will also take you to Los Cristianos or Puerto De La Cruz in the opposite direction. The 450 runs between Las Americas and San Isidro. If you are staying in Los Abrigos, Golf de Sur, Silencio or Los Galletas hop off the 111 or 450 at San Isidro and catch the 470 provided you can get there before the last bus at about 20:40 hours. Wherever you are you can save a lot of money by bus then get a taxi near your final destination if necessary. Please read the blog page 'first journey' for advice on using the bus if this is your first time. Buy a 'Bono' ticket in the airport especially if you have a family as this will save you money too.
I intended this to be a 'day in the life of the airport' but it has actually been put together at different times over several months. The photos show you around the airport, where the bus stands, car park and Tourist Information Office is. I have also tried to show how busy the airport can be and the wide variety of destinations in Europe bringing tourists to Tenerife from as far away as Russia to the nearness of Spain. Some of the photos were taken from the end of my 'calle', some from the beach at Le Tejita and some from the top of the hill just this side of Las Chafiras (these do not seem to be as clear as usual and I have cropped some because of the distance).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine