'Simples' Saturday in Los Abrigos

As the title suggests this was a 'laid back' day for me after all of the carnivals attended recently. It turned out to be an eventful day in its own right without leaving Los Abrigos so no buses this time unless you are visiting (470 & 483) .

Firstly I had discovered that the Bar/Cafe 'El Matrocaso' produced spit roast chickens on a Saturday for only €6.50 so I promptly purchased one. It made a pleasant change to have potatoes and 2 veg for dinner and there was plenty left for a salad today and sandwiches tomorrow. I haven't found anywhere that produces carrots and greens on the menu, not in my price range anyway. Why not do it myself - because a lot of apartments don't have an oven.

It had sounded quite stormy during the night and, when I woke up, there were massive waves. These continued throughout the day so I wandered down to the beach and took some photographs (about 250 in all if anyone is really keen). I have put this down to the 'spring' tide as it is still going on today. Coming from the north-east of England I have seen some wild seas but there is something odd when you see that wild energy whilst the sun is blazing down on your shoulders (spring has definitely arrived). I have thinned the album down to about 90 photographs which you may or may not appreciate. As I have said before I find the sea endlessly fascinating and, taking fast sequences shows the formation, force and sheer majesty of the sea.  I have included tasters in the 'Los Abrigos' album for continuity.
View my 'Spring Tide' Photo Album (play it as a slideshow for good effect)


Saturday evening proved to be a great success at the Bar/cafe 'Note de Caffe' on the end of the village square next to the roundabout. Although Los Abrigos has a steady throughput of visitors dinning in the many famous fish restaurants around the harbour the village is practically dead of an evening apart from football on the wide screen TVs. Alex and Monica owners of the bar have decided to do something about it and for the first time presented the flamenco duet 'Pureza' as live entertainment for the evening. They performed from 21.00 to 23.00 to a full house who joined in with the clapping and dancing. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere prevailed and everyone enjoyed themselves. The are hoping to make this a regular occurrence with a 'Blues' night next Friday. The photographs from the event are included below as well as in the album.

It was nice to spend the day in the village and be pleasantly diverted throughout!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine