Año Nuevo 2012



Bus Route: 483[Los Cristianos, P Americas Est] to Los Critianos.
Return: 843[El Medano]

View my 'Los Cristianos for Christmas' photo album

I noticed that this concert was on when visiting Los Cristianos just before Christmas. I had debated the idea of going but thought that it may be rather expensive however, late Monday afternoon I decided to take a chance. A quick change into 'collar and tie' and off to catch the 843 with moments to spare.  I arrived in Los Cristianos and wandered down to the 'Municipal' centre we had seen before, it is the building with the Christmas lights I used as the 'greetings' card at the end of my 'Los Cristianos for Christmas' blog.  I wandered in to see if there was a chance of getting a ticket and with my illiterate Spanish managed to grasp that I could walk round the building, either way, and purchase a ticket from a cafe. Ah ha! this was going to be interesting, trying to ask in the various cafes who sold tickets for the concert and did they have any left and how much were they. So off I went to discover that the cafe is at the back of the building, whilst part of the complex, it is an open air affair with tables under canopies surrounded by pleasant fountains and gardens with the 'boulevard' on one side. I asked if they sold tickets - Yes and only 10.00€ (about £8.00). I had time for fresh orange juice, coffee and a rather nice croissant chicken sandwich before the doors opened at 20:00 hours (8pm).  I watched a man watching his 'mate' practically breaking his neck taking down the redundant 'General Election' signs. The supervisor was more concerned about not damaging the trees than his 'mate' falling off the ladder. Perhaps we should export 'Health and Safety' to the world!!!
I walked into the auditorium as the doors opened conveniently accessed from the cafe area, a point which would be beneficial later.  Drinks were being served and no-one was moving into the concert hall so I decided on a 'Bacardi and coke' which arrived in a fish bowl. I had forgotten that they are rather liberal with their measures out here and it still only cost 4.50€. The audience moved forward so I moved forward, was given a program and, yes, I could take photographs. As on could sit anywhere I chose a seat near the back, set the camera to 'silent' mode and disabled the flash. It is my policy whilst making these diaries not to disturb anyone else.  The orchestra was made up of professional musicians from throughout Tenerife and some of the pieces were accompanied by appropriately dressed dancers from the 'Ritmania' troupe. The finale was performed by a young lady who was only visiting the Island for a week and learned the whole thing in Spanish. It was a very enjoyable evening at a very reasonable price and I would recommend these performances, which cover a wide variety of entertainment, to anyone.
The advantage of the auditorium being at the back of the building meant that I was on the same street as the bus station. The concert finished at 22:00 hours and, whilst I could have sat and had a leisurely drink on a mild evening, I crossed the road , walked up to the bus stand and caught the last 483 back to Los Abrigos at 22:10 hours.  A very satisfying evening all round!
The photos of the whole evening are included in the 'Los Critianos for Christmas' photo album:


(Note: I am trying to take you to the first photo of the update but this seems rather temperamental as does the slideshow in some browsers. Google Chrome and Firefox appear to work but IE seems to have problems.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine

Los Abrigos - my base