416 to Granadilla thro San Miguel


Bus Route: 483[Los Cristianos], 416[Granadilla], 470[Los Cristianos] round trip.



Hello to all you snowbound folks back home, you will be pleased to know that they have it bad in Spain too but no rain here yet so no snow on the mountains.
I had a trip into Las Americas to try and get a spare battery for my camera last Sunday without success I might add. They only sell clones out here and Nikon have built in a sensor which denies the use of third party batteries so be warned if you venture abroad! I wandered down to the sea front and ended up further along the beach, roughly where the view stopped when looking up the street past McDonalds the last time I was here. It has been very windy here for the last week, appears to be dying down now, so there have been 'Orange flag' warnings all along the coast. This did not stop them enjoying themselves with parachutes, probably helped so have included an update to the Costa Adeje album. The birds, feathered variety, just came and perched next to me – not shy at all, can't get the two legged variety to respond in the same way yet!



I was intending to go to a festival at a small village up the mountain but as the wind was so strong whilst waiting for the bus I changed my mind and headed west however when I returned for the bus back there was a 416 to Granadilla in the station, I had caught this to La Caleta in the opposite direction so hoping on this completes the whole route and it goes up along the mountain range behind Los Abrigos instead of the coast road or the Autopista (not Autostrada – don't know where I picked that up. Autopista del Sur TF1 to give it its full title!). It was an interesting journey terminating at Granadilla de Abona where I visited before. I found out there that the bus to the village intended as my original trip did not run on a Sunday in any case. I returned to Los Abrigos on the 470 which route we have already explored but I took some photos from the front of the bus as it shows how much tamer the route is. This gave the impression the first time that we were not as high as we were and goes to show that the route you take to a destination can make a dramatic difference. I now have a dilemma as to how to arrange these albums, should I create an album for the run as I intend to repeat it to get some more mountain views and to stop of at, and explore a couple of villages/towns on the route and see what hidden gems I can find. Or do I add them to the Granadilla album as the 'terminus'. Thoughts on the back of a postcard please to....
I have since had two attempts to explore San Miguel, on the first I was freezing and the second it rained. On the first attempt I wandered down the hill from the bus stop after pausing for a coffee, retreating back there as the wind was so cold and I was only wearing a polo shirt! The second venture I wore a jacket but the rain defeated me as it obscured the camera lens. I managed to walk up the hill a little way before the rain started then went off in search of the church. I have added the photographs to this album but promise to do better as the weather improves as there are some hidden gems here.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine