What's happening ...

Patrick's cat, lord of the manor!
I saw the seagull trying to fly...
It all went a bit quiet as far as the blog is concerned over the past few weeks, it took me a while to catch up with the photographs from the Los Abrigos Fiesta as I was working on a little project creating a 'Los Abrigos Fiestas' souvenir booklet using photographs to trace the development and progress of the fiesta from start to finish. It worked out quite well but cost a fortune to reproduce so I ended up giving copies to the women who organised the event and there it hangs at the moment. I also converted the files into .pdf format parts 1,2 & 3 as I could not create the whole thing as 1 document. Anyone know of a 'free' program to join .pdf files together?  I have now uploaded the photographs to go with the 'Return of the Fleet' blog and inserted the link on the post.











I haven't done any travelling this past couple of weeks as I have just been too tired, it has been very hot here and it drains you after a while.  My year in Tenerife is drawing to a close but the news is that I am returning to the UK for a month's holiday then coming back mid November to continue my explorations and, hopefully, visit some of the other islands - so - if you are still interested - more bus trips and photos to come!

Meanwhile there is always something going on around me, we have another fiesta this here in Los Abrigos this weekend and as I looked out of my apartment window the other day I saw nature in the raw as a seagull struggled for survival, I think it was exhausted.  Out on the street, Patrick's cat preening itself as usual:






... using my binoculars I could see that it was not tangled in anything ...


... it drifted towards the rocks with the current ....

.. I thought that it would reach safety ...
... but just as it came to solid rock where it could rest ...
... and be able to recover ...

... a wave crashed over its head and it was never seen again.





Comments

  1. Im sure Patricks cat looks as though it had something to do with the dissapearing seagull!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine