Los Cristianos Gran Coso 2012

Bus Route: 470[Los Cristianos] - The 14.05 terminates at Costa del Silencio so a change of bus to the 467 is required. If you use a Bonobus ticket the fare is valid for the whole journey.
Return: 483 [El Medana] last bus approx 10:10 otherwise 111[Santa Cruz] to Las Chafiras then taxi.

After showing you some of the run up events to carnival, I have included the photographs from Saturday's fun day in the album which can be accessed from the previous blog, I was not going to bother going to the 'Gran Coso' - main parade or the 'Burial of the Sardine'. However I decided that this would complete the 'Carnival' season with differences in scale and, for those of you who visit the south on a regular basis but miss the event a view of what goes on.


So here we are, I travelled through on Sunday afternoon and took up a position on the junction of Ave Juan Carlos I and Ave Amsterdam which is about half way along the parade route and should give a good view as the parade turns the corner. A helpful 'Policia Local' provided me with a bottle of water and, so far, I have the greatest respect for them always found them courteous and helpful baring language difficulties. I sat on the kerb in the sun and chatted to some French, English and Spanish people while we all waited. It rather justified my decision to come as the English group have had a Time-share since the early 90' but this is the first time they have seen carnival. I also find that each parade has its own characters, pace and energy so I hope that you enjoy. The procession arrived at about 17:30 and lasted for just over two hours with a multitude of dancers, bands and both 'Junior' and 'Senior' Carnival Queens from all over the island. Some people travel around all of the carnivals with their individual costumes and floats whilst others only attend their local event. Whatever, everyone enjoys themselves and perform for hours then still have energy to attend the traditional street party afterwards.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine