Christmas Festivities 2011-12



Bus Routes:
Las Chafiras - 407[Los Cristianos, P Americas Est] get off opposite the 'Mercadonna' supermarket.  Return: 470[Granadilla] or 483[El Medano].
El Medano - 470[Granadilla] or 483[El Medano] town centre.
Return: 470[Los Cristianos, P Americas Est] or 483[P Americas Est]

I thought that it would be a quiet period between Christmas and the New Year. Invited to have Christmas Dinner by Patrick, his mother created a traditional Christmas dinner with all of the trimmings. As this involved trips to Las Chafiras and to El Medano to find a Canary or two I managed to make it to some new stops. I didn't have the camera with me as I was returning loaded with shopping however it prompted me to decide that El Medano must be worth a visit soon. New Year's Eve turned out to be a quite affair in the Village. Whan, one of the bar proprietors who remained open baked a paella for everyone and several exotic cocktails were consumed. We all watched the firework displays taking place in surrounding hotels on Golf del Sur and villages up the mountains. I found out that 'El Medano' was the place to go - such is life! I have added photographs to the 'Las Abrigos' album of some of the festivities and of some of the entertainment which took place in the village square on several days over the festive period. I have also included some of the changing scenes around the village as the climate changes and affects the sea, sky and mountains.  Titsa Buses all display the 'Christmas greeting' in their destination display on each bus - you wouldn't get that in the UK!

Canaries for a 'Canarian'

To see all of the photographs
View my Los Abrigos Photo Album




Letters to the 'Three Kings'



Because!

Christmas Lights in Las Abrigos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine