Erectile dysfuncion, or, the crane came down!

Looking out from my apartment or taking photographs around the headland a landmark has always been the crane above one of the biggest developments on Golf del Sur ever since I arrived in Tenerife. Unfortunately since the financial crisis and ensuing downturn in economies throughout Europe work had stopped on this multi-million euro hotel, apartment, shopping mall and car park had ceased before I arrived here. I was told that there had been five cranes on site but some had blown down during severe storms, this last crane remained in defiance and gave hope to an eventual completion of the development.

I glanced out of my window this morning to see two daring men in the process of dismantling the crane top down. This is much higher than it looks from a distance and there is no room to put a foot wrong or stand on the wrong section as you unbolt the framework around you.  A sign of the times that not only is our crane suffering from 'erectile dysfunction' but so are our politicians throughout Europe and the US and there seems to be no sign of recovery in sight!






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine