Carnaval de Dia 2014



Bus: 470 to Las Chafiras, 111 to Santa Cruz and back, 470, 483 or taxi back to Los Abrigos (4.80€)








Having recovered from my late night/early morning trip to the opening parade on Friday it is mid-day and I'm off to Carnaval de Dia - Domingo 2 Marzo 2014 (Sunday 2nd March).  This, as I have mentioned in previous years is the day for the people. The fun starts catching the 111 up to Santa Cruz, everyone is dressed in their carnaval costume including me (Woody from Toy Story), there are jokes and songs so that, by the time we reach Santa Cruz bus station, everyone is in party spirit.



Unfortunately my friends from Santa Cruz are away on the mainland so I cannot meet up as I did last year. Nevertheless, as you can see from the photographs, everyone has a good time today.  There is live music in many of the plazas around the city centre, impromptu performances and street parades by the many cosos and murgas who have competed the week before. Amateur talent shines out and there are more food and beverage venues than you could possibly imagine each with its own sound system competing with the overall carnaval sounds.  Don't forget the ever changing show in the Plaza Candelaria and the massive fairground along the sea front too.  Once again I have tried to capture the mood of the day before catching the late bus home.

View my 'Carnaval de Dia' photo album

Sometimes you just need a break lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine