History of Music at the MagMa

Bus Routes: 483[Los Cristianos,P Americas Est] to Costa Adeje.
Return: 111[Santa Cruz] then taxi home.

We have visited the MagMa Art and Conference Centre at Costa Adeje before so have a look at the blog on Costa Adeje (January) for photographs of the building and the concert I went to.

Carnival South 2012 kicked off in various centres and villages on 3rd March, I don't know if it was coincidence or planned but this show was taking place at 21:00 following the opening carnival parade in Los Cristianos.  I had already booked a ticket for this event before I realised this. Hopping on to a 483 from Los Abrigos I got off at the bus station at Costa Adeje/Playa Americas as the map seemed to indicate that the parade was, in fact, mid-way between the two. The parade was due to start at 19:00 so I thought that I could catch a good bit of it before wending my way back up the hill to the MagMa Centre. I was proved wrong, I couldn't find the parade and eventually asked someone who told me that it had passed by. I was either in the wrong place at the wrong time or it wasn't a long parade, I didn't hear it either!



I succumbed to a Burger King before walking back up to the MagMa Centre in time for a glass of Vino Tinto (not Vino Rojo) before the start of the show. What a show, a combination of music, lighting, cleverly thought out projection, singers, dancers and acrobats tracing music from Beethoven through to contemporary including stage and screen. A tribute to the 'Fallen' was bang up to date with the inclusion of Whitney Houston. The show cost me 20€ (£17.50) and lasted for some three hours not including the 20 minute interval. It provided entertainment for all the family culminating in a standing ovation and an encore with young and old on their feet clapping in time to the music. Catch this show when it goes on tour!

It speaks for itself that I could have left  a little before the end to catch the 00:15 bus back but thought that it was worth the wait for the 02:30 it now being Sunday. I hope that you enjoy the photographs which attempt to give the flavour of the drama and spectacle of the show. Add the soundtrack and it becomes a breathtaking performance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this all started...

Los Abrigos - my base

Los Cristianos - Burial of the Sardine